Helping people become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
After His resurrection, Jesus met with His disciples to give them His last minute instructions. He was going to leave soon to go be with His Father in heaven and wanted His followers to know what they were to do while He was gone. He said to them, “. . . go and make disciples in all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and then teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you; and be sure of this-that I am with you always, even to the end of the world” (Mt 28:19-20). Jesus wanted His disciples to share His message of hope with as many people as possible. This hope could be experienced when people believed in Jesus (Jn 3:16) and lived the way that He lived (Jn 15:5-8). This mission is still the mission of the church today!
To be a church that aids believers in the pursuit of three key relationships: intimacy with God, community within the church, and influence with those outside the church.
As a non-denominational, independent Christian church we unite people from all denominational backgrounds. This is a great strength of our church, but it can also pose somewhat of a challenge: what are the essentials that everyone must believe? Faithful, Bible-believing Christians can disagree over dozens of issues. Below you’ll find what we believe are the essentials of the Christian faith, agreed upon unanimously throughout 2,000 years of church history. While people may disagree upon finer points of theology, we think every Christian can and should agree on the following:
- We believe in one God, Creator and Sustainer of the universe, who eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; John 1:1-3; 14:6-20).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God who was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died for our sins, arose from the dead and now reigns with God in heaven. (John 3:16; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is a gift from God to empower believers to live the Christian life (John 16:5-10; Acts 2:38; Romans 8:1-17; 1 Corinthians 12).
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- We believe that every person has worth as a creation of God, but all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Genesis 1:26,27; 3:1-3; Romans 3:23).
- We believe that forgiveness of sins and eternal life are available to those who place their faith in Jesus Christ (John 3:16; Romans 5:1; Ephesians 2:8-9).
- We believe that faith in Christ is expressed by believing in Jesus Christ, repenting of your sins, confessing Christ as Savior and Lord, and being baptized by immersion into Christ (Acts 2:38; Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9; Galatians 3:25-27; 1 Peter 2:20-21).
- We believe that it is essential to live a committed Christian life after accepting God’s gift of salvation (Romans 6:1-14; Ephesians 5:1-21; Colossians 3:1-17).
- We believe that the Church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit and exists to exalt God, evangelize the lost, and encourage, edify, and equip the saved (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:36-47).
- We believe that Jesus Christ will one day return to gather those who followed Him to their eternal destiny in heaven and to condemn those who did not follow Him to their eternal destiny in hell (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).